Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Wausau update...

Hey again everyone, it's Jason and I thought I drop a little update on Wausau and my job here.  Things are going pretty well, but the job is a bit boring and I am definitely convinced that a hospitalist job is for me.  Runny noses and sweet families all day just don't keep me going!


This is my office in Wausau.  My group has two offices, one in the fancier suburb called Weston that is sparkling new and right next to the hospital we cover, and the one I work in near the old downtown and the old hospital that we don't even work in anymore!  The drive is nice, though, and the people are nicer.  There really is something about the great people of the northern Midwest as we saw way back in Aberdeen.  My office is perfectly fine and the windows are great (but sometimes cold).


I already lost one great compatriot in my office.  Each of us has a dedicated support person such as a medical assistant or LPN, while the RN"s do other things and supervise.  Well, Kue was my awesome first LPN.  She got her RN after I was here only a month and moved on to another clinic where they would hire an RN and pay what she said was almost 10 bucks more an hour!  So greedy!  I'll sure miss her but Nikki is my new medical assistant and she rocks.



As some of you know, the first snow here was before Halloween. There was supposed to be flurries but it turned out being 5 inches or so. Beautiful but frightening for our future prospects here. It's already snowed 3 more times since, all less impressive though. Can't wait for 20 below and feet of snow!



Ms. Penelope next to her humidifier.  She just loves it and will sit watch by it for hours some nights, just hoping we come in to refill it at which time she licks the bottom!  Very dedicated indeed.

Talk to you all again soon.  Have a great Thanksgiving and eat some turkey for us back home!

Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment